Sunday, April 20, 2008

Train trouble

I had many orientation lectures in this research institute. On Apr 10, I left my home at 7:00 a.m. to have a lecture for the utilization of radioisotopes. But the train I took made a long stop at a station. An announcement told us that the trains stopped by fire in a railway substation. The station was overcrowded anywhere and many people stood in line waiting for busses. I caught a bus at long last and took another train line. It took about 4 hours to arrive at my working place and I was completely tired. I heard that the line recovered at 3:00 p.m. after all.
The next day, a coworker and students in the former laboratory gave me a farewell party. After then we went bowling together. I had a good time throughout, but my score went up and down: 103, 166, and 102.

Photo is peach blossoms in the research institute.

No comments: