Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cherry blossom

We are moving next Monday. Until then, I have to take busses and trains to go to my working place. I and Mari go out our room at 7:30 together with Ken. We catch a bus for Ken's daycare and take a train at the same station. It takes about 2 hours, but it is not so hard for me. Rather I bother with packing up my apartment. I do not ever know it is much of a bother to move with my family.
On Apr 1, my first working day in the current laboratory, I was welcomed by cherry blossoms in the research institute. But it was very windy day and the trains were delayed. I remembered a well-known phrase "When flower blooms, it may catch storms" (in a Japanese poetry, which was translated from an old Chinese poetry by Masuji Ibuse. It also says "our lives are filled with separations".)
The train line I take, Chu-ou line, tends to be stopped or delayed by many accidents, in particular by suicide. People in the train are disgusted for such accidents. They are angered for their lost time and never have pity for the suicide. Here, the death was converted to time. I considered the strangeness in the delayed train.

No comments: