Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. I look forward to a productive and fruitful year.
I decided to do nothing on this New Year's Day and I drunk off a bottle of sake. But Mari told me that we should go to a shrine for "hatsu-moude" and so get ready now. We took a bus for "Takahata-Fudo", a famous temple for hatsu-moude. Suddenly she insisted that we go to other place. She told me that Takahata-Fudo seems to be no answer for the academic work. On the other hand, there was a large crowd in the nearest shrine. We returned and went to a shrine near my home.
This shrine is located on a hill with a view and enshrines the Kichijo-ten, Goddess of Beauty and Prosperity. There are some garden ornaments of Totoro (see photos) for unknown reason. We met few other people and thereby could strike and ring a big bell in this shrine. Then we had each omikuji, a fortune paper. We got Dai-kichi, which means excellent luck, except for Mari's little sister. She got Sho-kichi, small luck, and gave a disappointed look.
On the way to home, Ken said that he could not walk any further. Mari took his toys and ran away. He got angry and ran after her.

No comments: