Monday, June 2, 2008

Earthquake in China

On May 12, a major earthquake hit Sichuan of China and killed more than 50000 people. Numerous school buildings collapsed due to a corner-cutting construction called "tofuzha (tofu dregs)" construction.
The night I heard the news, I had a bad dream that I was struck by a huge earthquake in Japan. I woke up from the nightmare during I am trying to go to Ken's daycare. Sometimes I have had bad dreams that I got caught in an earthquake, landslide, flood, or tsunami and I had nothing to do. The horrible sight in China is like a scene from my nightmare.
Japan is an earthquake-ridden country and Tokyo has a high risk of earthquake. If a major earthquake strikes Tokyo, it will suffer serious damage and the traffic network will be destroyed entirely. It was estimated that 6 millions and a half of people will strand and unable to return their home. I read an assessment for disaster prevention that if one is more than 20 km away from home in a time of disaster, it is better to give up to go back there. Can I get Mari and Ken in the disaster ?

No comments: