Sunday, May 25, 2008

Office 2008 for Mac

I purchased Office 2008 for Mac and installed it into my Macbook. I found that this version of Office does not support macro on visual basic for applications (VBA). I installed the service pack 1 for it but I could not run it yet. The Office development team announced that VBA will return to Office Mac in the next version. But why do not they do it in this version ? And why did they remove such a needed tool ? The Office 2008 for Mac features the compatibility with Office 2007 for Windows. So it is ridiculous that we cannot run VBA macro on Mac. Since I failed run Office Mac 2001 on SheepShaver, I have no other choice to run it on Windows. In addition, I could not add custom error bars to a chart in Excel 2008, although this problem was resolved with service pack 1.
I know that office 2007 for windows and Windows vista are inferior products too. I wonder if Microsoft will get along in business as well as ever.

No comments: