Monday, February 25, 2008

Business chance

After the news of methamidphos contamination, many Chinese restaurants and other food shops offering gyouza (chaoz) are afraid of prejudice to their foods. Utsuno-miya and Hama-matsu are the cities where many gyouza shops are located. They seem to be very anxious about whether it may reduce their sales. But I think that this is a great business chance for them. Many consumers avoid buying foods imported from China, including the cheap gyouza.
When the Japanese government determined to suspend beef imports from the USA, I had the same idea for Yoshino-ya, a major beef bowl chain restaurant. But they did not think so, and offered only some makeshift dishes instead of the beef bowl. So I was very disappointed.
Of course, I do not think that I can make a well-timed decision. Rather, I have little courage to take a long shot.

No comments: