Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm not like you.

On Sep 1, Japan Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda abruptly announced that he had decided to resign from his post. In the resignation speech, a reporter criticized him that his speech sounds like a someone else's problem. He replied to the reporter with an angry look that he is capable to see himself objectively. He continued, "I'm not like YOU !"

Two consecutive Prime Ministers resigned in two years. In two decades, a dozen Prime Ministers have not lasted long in office. Will the new prime minister Aso lead another short-lived government too ? I do not know. I have a life of my own and have to work for my family. Although I cannot anticipate a bright future, it is not a SEP (Somebody Else's Problem). I can see it, but I have no time to see myself objectively, unlike him.

I'm not like YOU !
(Anata-to-ha chigaun-desu!)

No comments: