Monday, October 27, 2008

An Indonesian friend of Mari

Ms. A, an Indonesian friend of Mari, will return her country in November with her family. She invited Mari to her farewell party at her home in Sendai. So, Mari, Ken and I went there on Oct 11.

We arrived at Sendai at lunchtime. She and her family greeted us with home-cooked Indonesian dishes. We had a chat with her friends over a good meal.



Ms. A and her husband Dr. P have two sons and a daughter. Ken became a good friend of their second child and played with him all day. They took a bath together and played in the water for a long time.

At the night, I wend drinking with a professor at my graduating University. I returned their home at midnight. They left the front door unlock for me.


The next day, Dr. P and I went to an osteopathic clinic and received acupuncture. I have pains in my neck and my lower back, but the acupuncture did not work well for me. We came back their home around noon. Ken and their sons were playing with a lot of acorns.



We left their home at 3 p.m. and dropped in the laboratory that I was in. I saw the same mess as when I was in the lab. We had a small talk with the professor and head back to our home.



On the way, I found a vending machine selling puddings. I had never seen such a strange machine so I bought a pudding immediately. That was a little expensive but was good.



We really had a good time in Sendai. We thank the family so much for their hospitality. We wish their successes in their new jobs in Indonesia. I had no time to see my brother, who is living in Sendai.

No comments: