Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Murphy's law

Murphy's law is an adage that means, "Everything that can possibly go wrong, it will." I know the law, but usually forget it. If I remember it, that is when I have done. And one more thing. If I have any way of making a mistake, I will.

On 2006, Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare in Japan (MLHW) issued an instruction prohibiting sharing a capillary blood-sampling device with multiple patients. However, this information was not disseminated well across to medical institutions. Recently the incorrect use of a capillary blood-sampling device emerged as a major public health problem in Japan. Associated with this problem, MLHW, medical institutions, and medical-device manufacturers traded blame each other over the responsibility. It looks like a funny comedy.
Did they remember the Murphy's law? How about the Heinrich's one?

No comments: